Tuesday 1 October 2013

Fresh install on Dell Laptop

Fresh install on Dell Laptop

I have a Dell Inspiron 14R laptop that came with Ubuntu 11.1
pre-installed. I upgraded it to Ubuntu 12.04 -thorugh the Update Manager-
and everything seems to work fine including my touchpad and it advanced
features (scrolling, tapping).
For things of life I have to format my Hard Drive, and I did a fresh
install using the installer available at Ubuntu Site. Everything seems to
work fine except that now my touchpad works only as a regular one (not
advanced features, and I can't disable either), and if I run xinput list I
don't see the Touchpad at all.
That makes me think that the out-of the-box install has some pre-installed
packages that gets everything working smoothly, and now that I formatted
my drive I lost them. Are there any required packages to install on a Dell
Inspiron Laptop?

No comments:

Post a Comment