Friday 23 August 2013

How can I implement a local testing database for my Azure Website?

How can I implement a local testing database for my Azure Website?

I have a website I'm developing that uses an SQL Azure database. I want to
be able to test my website using a database locally hosted on the
debugging machine so that my designer can work on style and content
without having to deal with the overhead of firing up the Azure emulator
and communicating with an external service as he is often in areas with
no-connectivity.
I imagine it would be possible to extract the .sql scripts to create the
database and execute them every test run, but this seems tedious.
Similarly I'm not sure what the best way to configure these deployment
details would be in order to switch between development, and published
configurations. I'm a new web-developer cutting my teeth on a rather large
project.
Using ASP.NET MVC4 and have MSSQL 2012 installed for what it's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment