Saturday 31 August 2013

JSON post to Spring Controller

JSON post to Spring Controller

Hi I am starting with Web Services in Spring, so I am trying to develop
small application in Spring + JSON + Hibernate. I have some problem with
HTTP-POST. I created a method:
@RequestMapping(value="/workers/addNewWorker", method =
RequestMethod.POST, produces = "application/json", consumes =
"application/json")
@ResponseBody
public String addNewWorker(@RequestBody Test test) throws Exception {
String name = test.name;
return name;
}
And my model Test looks like:
public class Test implements Serializable {
private static final long serialVersionUID = -1764970284520387975L;
public String name;
public Test() {
}
}
By POSTMAN I am sending simply JSON {"name":"testName"} and I always get
error;
The server refused this request because the request entity is in a format
not supported by the requested resource for the requested method.
I imported Jackson library. My GET methods works fine. I don't know what
I'm doing wrong. I am grateful for any suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment