Saturday 14 September 2013

XCode 4 ignores file encoding

XCode 4 ignores file encoding

I got a perl project with lots of files in Western ISO 1 format.
I'd love to use XCode for that project but XCode refuse to recognize their
encoding and stubbornly opens all source files as Western (MAC OS Roman),
thereby screwing up some characters. I have to reinterpret the encodings
using the file inspector for every file, each time I open the project.
Also, the text settings of the file inspector insists that the Western
(MAC OS Roman) is the default encoding, which it is not. I set it in the
XCode preferences to Western ISO 1.
All other editors (textWrangler,even textEdit) open these files fine as
Western ISO 1. What am I missing here?
XCode 4.2 MacOSX 10.7.5
Any advise on this would be much appreciated. This is driving me nuts
since a while.
Best, Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment