Tuesday 10 September 2013

Your Facebook Page Notifications RSS

Your Facebook Page Notifications RSS

I have read posts about how Facebook is deprecating the RSS feeds for
Facebook Pages. I'm not sure if this includes the RSS feeds for your Page
notifications on a page you manage or not? I have my RSS feeds from the
Page notifications and tried adding it to two different RSS readers
(Feedly and Mozilla Thunderbird). Initially it imported all of the
notifications, and worked fine. However, it wouldn't update the RSS Reader
when I got a new notification on my page, even though it was showing if
you went to the full RSS feed url in a browser. After 3 hours it added a
few of the new notifications.. but missed all from the entire 3 hour
period before. Is there a limit in how many notifications or connections
it can make to your RSS Feed to grab this info? Any help or links to
information about this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment